This content is also available in / Ce contenu est également disponible sur: Français
- e139 stream – this episode. is about listening. to this stream. for 5 minutes. enjoy.
- e138 rouge – fishy, where are you?
- e137 ritardando – do slowing down sounds slow you down?
- e136 electricity – are. you. powerless?
- e135 layers – how do you feel now?
- e134 drops – are you a drop of water?
- e133 deconstruction – how can you constructively deconstruct?
- e132 slow – how does the pace of speech relate to the sound of modernity?
- e131 modernity – are you modernity?
- e130 fiction – what stories do you want to hear?
- e129 world listening day – what does world listening day mean to you?
- e128 revisited – what does decolonized listening sound like to you?
- e127 halfway – towards what are you halfway?
- e126 sleepless – what keeps you up at night?
- e125 observer – how do you respond to climate news?
- e124 promenade – how do you soundwalk?
- e123 maps – what possibilities do you not yet know?
- e122 quiet – stop and listen
- e121 rumble – what killed dr decibel?
- e120 metro – stop and listen
- e119 construction – how does the sound of construction affect you?
- e118 toilet – where does your shit go?
- e117 – deeper into the forest (in memoriam Robin Mathews)
- e116 loss – what does ecological loss sound like where you live?
- e115 ordinary – open your window and listen : what do you hear?
- e114 privilege – what are the privileges in your life?
- e113 soundwalk (part 2) – how can we deepen our listening?
- e113 soundwalk (part 1) – what is my position in listening?
- e112 listening – how can listening help?
- e111 traps – what are the traps in your life?
- e110 drain – where do your bathwater go?
- e109 being – how can we listen through art?
- e108 2048 – what speculative fiction stories inhabit you?
- e107 harm – what do you not know?
- e106 fire – what can we do about our collective indifference?
- e105 rope – how did this episode make you feel?
- e104 time – what does a very small moment in a much larger space sound like?
- e103 heat – what does decarbonization sound like to you?
- e102 aesthetics – how can we ‘de-modernize’ art?
- e101 tension – how do you feel now?
- e00 what is sounding modernity?
Sending a reply to a previous episode
Previous episodes from seasons 1-4
Double click on the episode for the episode notes. There is a ‘Search Episodes’ function at the bottom of each listing window.
Canadian composer Claude Schryer’s learning journey about art and the ecological crisis : conversations, newsletters and/or sound creations. Season 1 : environmental awareness and action Season 2 : reality and ecological grief Season 3 : radical listening Season 4 : sounding modernity – weekly 5 minute sound meditations Voir ‘balado conscient’ pour la version en français.
while introducing a 5 minute recording of a bubbly stream I realized that the stream was flowing within me
TRANSCRIPTION OF EPISODE
(bell and breath)
(In a hushed voice)
is about listening…
to this stream…
for 5 minutes…
This episode was recorded by Lac St-Anne near Duhamel, Québec on August 18, 2023. I was on an e-bike ride in the backcountry when I heard this beautiful bubbly stream. When I kneeled in the mud to record the slate for the recording I realized that the introduction was all I needed. The rest of the recording is silent.
I am grateful and accountable to the earth and the human labour that provided me with the privilege of producing this episode. (including all the toxic materials and extractive processes behind the computers, recorders, transportation and infrastructure that make this podcast possible).
My gesture of reciprocity for this episode is to the Ki Culture.